Page-level ads have been rolled out recently and now available for use for all webmasters and bloggers. Page-level ads enable you to display...
Page-level ads have been rolled out recently and now available for use for all webmasters and bloggers. Page-level ads enable you to display AdSense ads on your blogger mobile templates. It helps you monetize your mobile templates just like you monetize mobile apps with Google Admob Ads.
Some interesting facts about Page-level Ads:
- Shown by AdSense at optimal times to help increase revenue and provide a good user experience
- Two new ad formats: anchor/overlay ads and vignettes
- Don’t count towards your 3 ads per page limit - You can use them along with your content and link units.
- Only display on mobile-optimized sites
- Optimized to help increase revenue
- Mobile Responsive!
I will discuss in detail the available Page-level formats, how to add code to the blogger template, and how to test the ads to see if they really work on your sites.
Page-level Ad formats
Following are the two types of Page level ad formats that are available so far:
Anchor or overlay ads are mobile responsive ads that stick to the bottom of the user's screen and can easily be dismissed using the toggle down button at its top.
Once the ad loads, an anchor is being displayed at the bottom of page that displays the ad. Users can simply slide the bar down to dismiss the anchor.
Vignette ads are full screen mobile ads that cover the entire interface of the webpage. They work exactly same as Admob's Interstitial ads used in mobile apps for android and iOS.
Vignettes Ads appear as a popup between page loads on your blog. The user has the choice to either tap on the ad and continue to its destination, or close it and return to the webpage. The direct call to action and larger size combine make Vignettes Ads a particularly effective form of mobile advertisement.
- Vignettes ads are displayed when the user leaves a page, not when when they arrive on one, so the user doesn’t have to wait for them to load.
- Furthermore, they're also limited in number per user to maintain a good user experience.
Implement Page-level ad tags in Blogspot Blogs
To setup these new revenue boosting mobile ads on your blogger templates follow these easy steps:
1 Log into your AdSense account
3 Switch on both Anchor/Overlay and Vignette ads by clicking the two toggle buttons
4 After that scroll down and click the button which says "Get code"
5 Copy the code
6 Now go to Blogger > Template > Backup your template
7 Click Edit HTML and search for this code
8 Paste your Page-level code just above
- Note: In your Page-level code, make one modification. Replace the attribute async with async=''
- If you don't make this modification, blogger will give you an error message.
Error parsing XML, line 1473, column 15: Attribute name "async" associated with an element type "script" must be followed by the ' = ' character.
9 Save your template and you are all done!
Test Page-level ads on your blogger template
- On your favorite mobile device, visit your blog to test Page-level ads.
- In the address bar of your mobile browser, add
#googleadsto the end of your blog's URL. For example in our case:
- Select the ad format that you want to test from the tabbed box that will appear just above your blog body..
4. See the ads in action!
Have you tried Page-level Ads yet?
Page-level ads were rolled out near October 2015 for specific locations but now they have been rolled out for all countries and publisher accounts. If you have already tried these new mobile optimized ads on your wordpress or blogger blogs then please share your experience with us and let us know how it effected your overall revenue.
If you have any questions related to the tutorial above, please feel free to post your queries below. Peace and blessings buddies! =)